Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Quilt in the making!

Write for a blogspot I was asked. What next I thought. New names, strange words, a different language. I have been told blogging is about real people doing real things and telling their story. This is a challenge for someone like me who has reached the great grandmother status. Memories galore, where will I start?

My teenage years or beyond living in a small rural district in Taranaki New Zealand, under the shadow of majestic Mt. Egmont now renamed Mt. Taranaki. It was a typical farming lifestyle, milking cows, feeding calves in the spring, making hay in the summer and feeding out the silage and hay come winter. A happy carefree time with my parents shouldering the responsibilities of family farm and inevitably finances.

Teenage years were fun, then came a working holiday at age 17 yrs to Nelson, South Island which changed my life forever. Next time life in rural Nelson?

No comments: